Glenglassaugh

  • The Glenglassaugh distillery was established in 1875 by a local entrepreneur James Moir – it is located just outside the Speyside region in Northeast Scotland, close to the small town of Portsoy, Banffshire some 54 miles Northwest of Aberdeen
  • In 2013 The Benriach Distillery Company acquired Glenglassaugh distillery from its previous owners, Amsterdam-based Lumiere Holdings
  • Glenglassaugh whiskies have traditionally been used in the production of blended whiskies such as Cutty Sark, Laing’s and The Famous Grouse
  • In 1960 the distillery was rebuilt and upgraded to double their production capacity, yet in 1986 the production was stopped until 2008, when Glenglassaugh was purchased by the Scaent Group – new owners released some pre-1986 stock
November 25, 2015
Glenglassaugh logo

Glenglassaugh Evolution review

Glenglassaugh distillery was closed in 1986 but resurrected in 2008. After the distillery was reopened, they made Glenglassaugh Revival – matured in first and refill bourbon casks and finished for 6 months in first fill Oloroso sherry butts. Glenglassaugh Evolution is a limited cask strength release follow up to Revival. […]
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons