Iniquity Den’s Dram Single Malt Lazy DazeAugust 15, 2023
Iniquity Flustercluck Australian PeatAugust 15, 2023
Iniquity single malt comes from Tin Shed Distilling Company in Australia. I received these samples from the distillery:
- Iniquity Single Malt Whisky Batch 23 Silver Label
- Iniquity Den’s Dram Single Malt Lazy Daze, bourbon and red wine matured 40% ABV
- Iniquity Single Malt Whisky Gold Batch 007, 56% ABV
They are thinking of expanding their market to Europe, so it was exciting to taste their expressions.
This one’s called Silver Label. Batch 23 is a 3 year old single malt bottled in 46% alcohol by volume level. Matured in:
- 47.8 % 1st fill 4 YO Sherry US Oak
- 49.8% 1st fill 3 YO Port cask US Oak
- 2.4% 1st fill 2YO Bourbon that had originally spent 1 year in a 1st fill Shiraz cask
Very quick notes
Good start in sherry matured whisky category. This might attract experienced drinkers, even though it falls bit short for my taste.
I could see a bright future for it, fairly priced or with longer maturation for premium priced customers.